The legs are most affected by varicose veins. The most distant part of the body from the heart needs a rest regimen, support for tired and weakened blood vessels. And we "exploit" our legs until we see an expanded superficial network, swelling, painful knotty bumps, and we do not lose sleep due to pain.
Treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies does not serve as an alternative to medicines. Because the main medicines are based on herbal raw materials. To cure a disease, it is useful to use the accumulated experience of traditional medicine.
All methods used should eliminate or prevent the causes of varicose veins:
- improve the density and elasticity of the vascular wall of the veins;
- repair sagging valves;
- increase blood flow in the vessels of the legs due to the fluidity of blood, reducing its coagulability;
- to prevent the formation of blood clots and thrombophlebitis;
- have anti-inflammatory effect;
- a diuretic property is useful for relieving local edema.
For home use, select medications that:
- is easy to prepare and apply yourself;
- have no toxic effect;
- keep well in the refrigerator;
- can be grown on a windowsill or in the country, bought on the market;
- are relatively cheap.
All traditional methods of treating varicose veins are divided into general and local.
Common ones include specific diet, baths, and ingestion of infusions and decoctions. Many herbal remedies are used at the same time inside and topically.
Local application is based on the use of lotions, compresses, applied to the most painful place. It is necessary to learn how to prepare ointments.
The duration of treatment courses is suggested by doctors from a month or longer. Interruptions of no more than a week are possible, replacing one product with another.
Diet for varicose veins
Healers with extensive experience do not recommend starting therapy for varicose veins in the legs without a fasting diet. It must be observed for 5-7 days, regardless of the presence or absence of excess weight.
The essence of the diet: the elimination of white bread, pastries, sweets, pastries, hot spices, alcohol, coffee, meat and fish dishes. The liquid is not limited. It is necessary to eat only vegetarian food: fruits and fresh juices as much as possible. Cranberries, blueberries, sea buckthorn and figs are considered especially valuable. Two days later, add porridge made of rice, buckwheat, fresh vegetables in a salad with vegetable oil, soup from young nettle.
This diet is recommended monthly for 2-3 days. People with varicose veins in the legs are advised to completely abandon foods containing starch (bread and pastries made from high quality flour, boiled potatoes). You can boil potatoes in their uniforms, add bran to food.
General medical procedures
They have an effect on the entire body, normalize blood circulation.
Varicose veins can be treated with baths. They are contraindicated in cases of thrombophlebitis, trophic ulcers.
The contents of the bath are prepared in advance: boil half an hour equally for half a kilo of oak, willow and chestnut twigs (it is better to do this in an enamel bucket). Then fill the solution with herbs in 4 packs of pharmacy (chamomile, string, St. John's wort) and steamed overnight. Separately in the morning, rye bread is boiled (3 loaves), filtered and poured into the bath.
The procedure should be taken before bedtime for about 40 minutes, the water temperature must be observed at 38-40 degrees
For baths with soda, you need to dissolve a full pack of water in a bathtub, or 6-7 tablespoons per 5 liters for feet only.
You can cook only willow bark (two handfuls of broken twigs in a three-liter saucepan), boil for half an hour.
For foot baths, two to three tablespoons of dry raw materials from crushed bark are enough; also shown is the herb of crushed milk (2 packs of 50 g).
Recommended combinations of herbs: hazelnut leaves, birch, chamomile flowers, clover, hops, pine shoots.
After the bath, you should do a light massage from the bottom up, put on elastic stockings and put your feet on a slight rise.
Recommendations for internal use
Folk oral recipes are very creative. They offer one remedy or a combination, decoctions, water infusions, alcoholic tinctures. The broth is easiest to prepare in a large thermos, while maintaining all the properties of a water bath. Strain before use.
- Antonov's apple infusion- two or three small apples are poured with a liter of boiling water and wrapped for four hours. Then knead them and drink half a glass of broth with honey on an empty stomach and overnight.
- Nettleis a well-known remedy for varicose veins. 2-3 tablespoons of dry leaves are placed in a half-liter thermos with boiling water. For insisting, 40 minutes is enough. You need to drink 1/3 cup an hour after eating.
- Alcohol tincture of celandine- sold in a pharmacy, it is recommended to drink it 9-10 drops with a tablespoon of milk, before meals, three times a day.
- Soda solution- prepared before use (a teaspoon in a glass of warm water), it is recommended to drink in the morning and at night.
- Garlic with honey treatment- chop 250 g of garlic, mix with 350 g of honey, leave for at least ten days. Recommended for a tablespoon half an hour before meals.
- A decoction of a mixture of oak bark, willow branches, chestnutboil for half an hour, then add chamomile, St. John's wort, and leave for 12 hours. Drink with honey first 50 ml, after two days 150 ml.
Reception of herbal remedies is recommended to be combined with baths, local treatment. The course of therapy is two months.
Local means the effect only on the pathological inflamed area of the veins in the legs.
Using juices for lotions
Local procedures in the form of compresses, lotions will require preliminary preparation of the necessary solution, ointment.
- Apple cider vinegar- is considered to be a means to improve vascular tone. They are rubbed with painful areas with varicose veins twice a day. For internal use, add two teaspoons to 250 ml of water.
- Potato juice- used to treat ulcers. The grated gruel is applied to the ulcer and bandaged, after five hours the bandage is changed.
- Cabbage leaf compresses- helps relieve pain and inflammation from the skin. The sheet is tied overnight.
- Hop cones- Brew a tablespoon into a glass of boiling water. Lotions from the prepared medicine are applied or it is allowed to drink a glass before meals.
- Wormwood- leaves and flowers are used, they are ground to a pulp, diluted with kefir and applied to places with dilated veins.
- Tomatoesshould only be used sufficiently ripe. Varicose nodes are covered with lobules, covered with a bandage. After 3-4 hours, the compress is changed to a new one.
Kalanchoe - used as an alcohol tincture for rubbing. It is necessary to properly prepare the solution: after cutting, the leaves are kept for 5-7 days in the cold, then scroll in a meat grinder, pour vodka (you can navigate by volume, the Kalanchoe in the dishes should be 2 times less), insist in the dark for another week. After straining, the agent can be used in the treatment of varicose vessels. It is suitable for long-term storage.
An alcoholic tincture (2/3 of plant raw materials) is prepared from acacia flowers and birch buds for a week to lubricate the skin over diseased veins.
From oriental medicine, the properties of the Adam's apple are known to have a positive effect on vascular tone.
Green walnuts - crumble into small pieces and cover with olive oil. You need to stand in the sun for at least forty days. Then you can lubricate the affected areas.
Medicinal collection of chamomile, St. John's wort, yarrow, calendula, oak bark and horsetail is recommended to be used to cleanse trophic ulcers, relieve inflammation.
Horse chestnut is used both externally and internally. The leaves and flowers of the plant are used. For compresses, brew with water like tea. And for internal use, an alcoholic tincture is prepared. Keep in a dark place for at least two weeks. Drink 30 drops before meals.
The Adam's apple is the fruit of a rare maklura tree that grows in the southern regions. It is not used internally, since the juice is poisonous. An alcoholic tincture is prepared from the crushed fruits for grinding. It is recommended to keep it in the dark for a month.
How to make an ointment at home
On an ointment basis, herbal remedies stay longer above the lesion site, better penetrate deeper. For ointments, vegetable oils, flax seed decoction, lard, chicken fat are used. A concentrated herbal decoction is added to the melted and heated base. Simmer over low heat, stirring for five minutes.
Herbs are used with ointments, they do not have to be prepared daily: eucalyptus leaves, dandelion roots, celandine herb, lemon balm, lilac flowers, clover, chamomile, calendula, fir needles. Everything is brewed in equal amounts before mixing with an ointment base.
These ointments should be kept refrigerated. Apply to the skin with a greasy layer, gently rubbing in. Covered with compress paper and a warm bandage. Better to apply ointment compresses at night.
Bee stings contain hirudin, which thinns the blood and prevents blood clots. Treatment by bees involves a mandatory bite into the external venous node. At first, the patient experiences pain and burning, these phenomena soon pass on their own, and with them protruding venous nodes are removed.
Folk remedies for varicose veins are far from harmless. These are concentrated extracts from plants with strong side effects when taken orally. This is especially true for people with diseases of the stomach and pancreas. Herbs affect the acidity of gastric juice. Therefore, their use can exacerbate chronic diseases of the digestive system.
It is necessary to monitor allergic manifestations (itching of the skin, rashes, swelling). Discontinue further use if such symptoms occur.
Using folk methods requires faith in the remedy and patience. Few people pay attention to the recommendation to walk in the morning dawn in thin cotton socks on the grass dew and not take them off until the feet are dry. This enchanting recipe brings out the safest nature's gifts.