Varicose veins are considered one of the most common diseases, it manifests itself in the form of protruding veins and spider veins on the lower extremities. Pathology can cause thrombophlebitis, when blood clots form in the vessels. They clog the blood vessels and provoke circulatory disorders, stroke. It is necessary to treat varicose veins at the initial stage of its development.
The Purpose of Alternative Therapy
Treatment of varicose veins in the legs with folk remedies is carried out in order to improve blood circulation in the vessels and thin the blood. For this, baths, compresses, ointments and tinctures can be used. They are made on the basis of herbal ingredients.
But when using traditional medicine recipes, it should be remembered that they are effective only at the initial stage of pathology development. In the case when asterisks and vascular networks have formed, it is necessary to consult a specialist. In addition, the products can cause allergies. That is why, before using compresses, ointments and baths, you need to make sure that there is no negative reaction.
Varicose veins primarily affect the lower extremities and develops as a result of stagnant processes. Traditional medicine methods will help to cope with the disease and stop all accompanying symptoms.
Before starting treatment for varicose veins, you should balance your diet. A special diet must be followed for one week, regardless of the presence or absence of excess weight. The goal of dietary nutrition is to eliminate fatty foods and increase immunity by increasing the amount of vitamins and minerals.
First of all, you should give up baking, butter, alcoholic beverages, meat and fish dishes, hot spices.
Fruits such as apple, banana, citrus should be present in the diet. Fresh vegetables are also healthy.
For the first two days, the menu should consist only of vegetarian dishes. After two days, you can eat rice or buckwheat porridge, salads with vegetable oil, nettle soups.
Vegetable juices, such as carrot, pumpkin, are especially useful for varicose veins.
The diet is followed every month for a week. This will help cleanse the body of cholesterol and strengthen the immune system.
General therapeutic procedures
Traditional medicine contains many recommendations on how to properly treat varicose veins at home. At the initial stage of the development of pathology, it is recommended to use general methods of therapy. They help to normalize blood circulation, avoid consequences and have a positive effect on the entire body as a whole.
Healing baths are effective for varicose veins. But this method cannot be used for trophic ulcers and thrombophlebitis.
The bath solution is prepared in advance. The best remedies are oak, willow and chestnut twigs. Pour all the components in an amount of 0. 5 kg with a bucket of water, add chamomile, St. John's wort and a series of four packs, purchased at the pharmacy. Boil everything for 20 minutes and leave overnight. In the morning, prepare a decoction of three loaves of rye bread. Strain everything and add to the bath.
You can also use baking soda. To prepare a bath solution, you should take one pack. If you only need to steam your feet, add 7 tablespoons of baking soda for every 5 liters of water.
Willow or cedar bark has a positive effect on blood circulation. To take a bath, you need two handfuls of tree twigs. They are poured with three liters of water and boiled for 30 minutes.
For foot baths, the herb of dried sushi is also used in the amount of 100 grams. Willow bark can be added to improve efficiency.
After the procedure, experts recommend making a light massage of the legs and placing them on a small hill, wearing pre-compression stockings.
Solutions for internal use
Traditional medicine also knows many recipes for oral administration. All decoctions are best cooked in a tightly closed container or thermos. Even when exposed to high temperatures, the herbal preparations retain their properties. They must be filtered before use. The most popular and effective for varicose veins of the lower extremities are:
- Apples. Four small apples are brewed with a liter of hot boiled water. The container is wrapped and left for 4 hours. Then the apples are kneaded until gruel, honey is added. The remedy is taken on an empty stomach before bedtime.
- Nettle. It is used not only for cosmetic purposes, but also is the best remedy for varicose veins. To prepare the tincture, you need to take three tablespoons of dried and crushed plants and pour a liter of boiling water. Insist for an hour. Drink one third of the glass one hour after eating.
- Soda solution. It is diluted in the amount of 1 teaspoon per glass. Take twice a day.
- Garlic with honey. To prepare the solution, you need to grind 250 grams of garlic and mix it with 350 grams of honey. Insist for at least 10 days. Take a spoonful of balm 30 minutes before meals. Before using, you need to make sure that there is no allergy to honey.
All traditional medicine recipes are effective only at the initial stage of the development of the disease and have certain contraindications. A doctor's consultation is required before use. In the case when painful sensations arose, and the pathology turned into thrombophlebitis, it is mandatory to consult a doctor and use medications.
Alcohol based tinctures
There are many different tinctures, the main ingredient of which is alcohol. The composition also contains natural ingredients that help restore blood circulation. The most effective settings are:
- Kalanchoe.The plant is widely used in traditional medicine and has many beneficial properties. An alcohol solution is used to rub the affected areas. But it's important to cook it properly. To do this, you will first need to keep the freshly cut leaves for a week in a cold dark place. Then rotate them in a meat grinder and pour vodka, the amount of which is twice the amount of the crushed plant. The tool is infused again for 7 days and filtered.
- Collecting meadow flowers.These are available at the pharmacy. For efficiency, you can add oak and horsetail bark. The collection of herbs is poured with a liter of alcohol and insisted for a week. The tool is used to treat ulcers and relieve inflammation. Apply daily to the affected area twice a day.
- White acacia flowers.The tincture is prepared for a week and is used to wipe the skin. Pour a mixture of acacia flowers and birch or pine buds with vodka or alcohol in a ratio of 2: 3.
In case of varicose veins, a tincture based on Adam's apple also helps to relieve symptoms and restore blood circulation. The fruit is poisonous, and it is strictly forbidden to use it inside. The tool is used to rub the affected area and is prepared within a month.
Amanita infusions are used in villages. But this method of treatment is rare today, since mushrooms appear only at the end of summer and are used fresh. In addition, not everyone trusts such a medicine.
Ointments for varicose veins
Creams and ointments based on herbal ingredients with varicose veins stay longer on the surface of the skin. Due to this, the active ingredients act on the affected vessels for a long time. Flax broth, oils, fat are used for their preparation.
Also contains decoctions of various herbs:
- burdock root;
Ginger and onion peels are also used in the preparation of the broth for ointments. All components should be brewed in equal proportions and mixed with the base. Ointments can be stored for a long time, which means they do not require daily preparation. Put them in the refrigerator after use.
Badger fat is especially popular for varicose veins. It helps not only to restore blood circulation, but also to strengthen the vascular walls, improve immunity. Many northern peoples used bear fat to treat the disease. It also has many beneficial properties.
Shilajit ointments are also popular and can be purchased at the pharmacy.
Compresses for varicose veins
Various components are used for compresses, for example cypress, potatoes, sandalwood oil. The most popular are burdock and cabbage leaves. They contain many useful vitamins and minerals that have a positive effect on the veins and the body as a whole. Traditional medicine knows many recipes, including:
- Burdock and horseradish. First warm up a leaf of one of the plants by placing it on a kettle or saucepan. Put a small piece of bandage on the affected skin area, then a sheet and fix the bandage. The duration of treatment is five procedures, which are done every other day before bedtime. The bandage is removed in the morning. The remedy helps relieve pain and improve overall condition.
- Ointment and burdock. The plant is used only fresh. The compress is done after applying ointment to the affected area. Then a burdock leaf is applied and compression stockings are put on. The dressing is changed every three days, and the duration of therapy is three months.
- Cosmetic Clay. It is diluted in water at room temperature to a thick homogeneous mass. Apply the product to the affected areas, fix with a bandage in two layers. Then apply clay again, secure with a bandage. Thus, the layer should be at least 1. 5 centimeters. To prevent moisture from being absorbed, wrap the bandage with a canvas cloth and wrap it with a woolen scarf. Legs should be kept on a small hill. The procedure lasts 3 hours, after which the bandage is removed.
- Potatoes. Compresses are also made on the basis of potatoes or tops. Grate the vegetable on a fine grater and moisten a bandage in the resulting juice. The procedure is best done at night.
Aloe compresses are useful for varicose veins. Only freshly cut leaves are used. Tomato dressings are also effective. They are applied for several hours. Tomatoes have the unique property of improving blood circulation in a short time, and with varicose veins they are used not only for oral administration. Onions are not popular because of their characteristic odor, but they are also highly effective.
Many experts recommend saline dressings for varicose veins. They help relieve pain, inflammation and improve blood circulation. Even despite the fact that reducing the amount of salt is recommended for many diets, in the case of establishing varicose veins, it is the salt dressings that have a positive effect.
Bees are also used to treat varicose veins. Their sting contains a substance called hirudin. It helps prevent blood clots from forming. The bee sting should be carried out directly into the knot.
Propolis is especially popular. It is used both for fresh ingestion and for the preparation of ointments, compresses.
With varicose veins, you can also make an iodine mesh. It is applied with a cotton swab overnight.
Consequences of Home Therapy
The use of traditional medicines can have some negative consequences. When using essential oils, honey, propolis, an allergic reaction is observed.
People with established diseases and disorders of the gastrointestinal tract should use caution when using oral products.
To protect yourself from the development of varicose veins of the lower extremities, you should follow a number of preventive measures:
- Take a contrast shower. It helps keep blood vessels in good shape. The shower also has a positive effect on blood circulation.
- Go swimming. A visit to the pool helps to fight stagnation of blood in the vessels.
- Walk as much as possible to prevent varicose bumps.
- During pregnancy, carefully monitor your health, since during this period a woman is most susceptible to the development of the disease.
- Eat right. The diet should contain as little fatty and spicy foods as possible.
Compliance with preventive measures will significantly reduce the likelihood of developing varicose veins. When symptoms of pathology appear, traditional medicine recipes can be used. But it should be remembered that their use can be harmful to health. That is why you should consult your doctor.