Very important for varicose veins is not only medication, but also a special diet. Most physicians phlebology in one voice told that some products can "help" the sick blood vessels, others to increase during the illness. What is the essence of this diet and what are its characteristics? Will talk further.
Diet for varicose veins important. It gives the opportunity not to exacerbate existing problem with veins.
The main objectives of its observance:
- Reduction of overweight. If the person is not lose those extra pounds, then any treatment of varicose veins is likely to be useless.
- The decrease in the viscosity of blood. To improve the so-called trophic properties, lowering blood pressure level.
- Normalization of blood flow. Reduces the burden on affected vessels, cleanses the body of accumulated toxins.
- The reduction of swelling. While providing the body with sufficient amounts of liquid.
- Strengthening blood vessels. Allows to accelerate process of treatment of varicose veins and prevent the transition of the disease to the next stage.
For each patient, the doctor selects individual diet, taking into account:
- of body weight;
- the presence of comorbidities;
- allergic sensitivity to certain foods;
- overall health.
Despite this, diet for varicose veins is always based on General principles that reduce the likelihood of complications and recurrences.
Diet with varicose veins of different types
As we know, varicose veins can affect not only the lower limbs and the pelvic region and the esophagus.
Food for varicose veins legs. That is the lower limbs are most susceptible to this disease as varicose veins. Diet, this disease involves a complete rejection of food, which provoke the appearance of edema and weight gain. A large part of the daily diet (about 70%) of patients with this pathology should consist of vegetables and fruits and dishes from them. They can be prepared by the method of cooking, steam, or by baking.
Other features of the diet with varicose veins of the lower extremities:
- Should completely abandon pickled foods, pickles, sweets, salty foods, coffee. All of these products are able to keep fluids in the body and increase swelling.
- At least 1-2 times a week is necessary to carry out so-called fasting days. At this time should be almost completely refuse to eat and consume as a lot pure non-carbonated water, herbal teas and infusions, fruit drinks.
Diet for varicose veins of the pelvis. The disease is most common in women in connection with childbirth, oral contraceptives, sedentary lifestyle. In such a situation comes to the aid of the healthy diet, providing a large intake of foods rich in fiber and protein.
The main goal of the diet for varicose veins of the pelvis – to prevent constipation, which can aggravate current of disease and to ensure timely regeneration of the walls of damaged blood vessels.
- a complete rejection of alcoholic beverages, fatty foods and "fast" carbohydrates;
- the main emphasis in the diet should be on cereals, vegetables, whole grain breads, bran;
- excluded from the diet spicy and salted foods, can cause constipation, disturb peristalsis (e.g., flour).
Diet with varicose veins of the esophagus. Quite a difficult disease, which many patients for a long time do not even suspect. At the same time, this disease requires very "rigid" diet, which reduces the load on the esophagus and stomach, to make the process of passage of food the most lightweight.
The most important principles of the diet:
- meals should be frequent and fractional, at least 5-6 meals per day;
- the portion size should be minimal;
- all food should be thoroughly chewed, ideally, there are dishes in semi-liquid form in order to avoid traumatizing the walls of the "problem" of the esophagus;
- the last meal should be at least 4 hours before bedtime;
- from the diet is vital to eliminate meats, fatty foods, canned spicy food and any spices;
- 1 time a week to arrange fasting days (there are many – in the juice of melon, watermelon, fruit or vegetable juices, etc.);
- to consume the minimum amount of meat, replacing it with seafood, lean varieties of fish;
- to give up alcohol, strong broths, strong coffee and tea;
- to prepare meals should be by boiling, baking, stewing, for a couple;
- the main emphasis in the diet should be on milk products, cereals, foods rich in fiber;
- food should not be too cold or hot;
- a light Breakfast should be mandatory in this disease, as varicose veins of the esophagus.
The nutrients in foods
Many patients suffering from varicose veins, ask the question: what nutrients in foods are most important in this disease. Physicians-phlebologists in one voice insists that the most useful when problems with blood vessels are:
- Vitamin e Promotes elasticity of blood vessels. Is present in large quantities in vegetable oil, eggs, sprouted grains.
- Ascorbic acid. Reduces the severity of inflammation in the large and small blood vessels, facilitates blood thinners. Berries, kiwi, tomatoes, citrus fruits – in them most of the given element.
- Rutin. The main vitamins that ensure the health of blood vessels throughout the body. Contains significant quantities in nuts, green tea, citrus peel, red and black currants.
- The bioflavonoids. Special substances, normalizing processes of the venous circulation, present in large quantities in cherry and black cherry.
- Copper. Prevents the appearance of so-called varices, improves elasticity of blood vessels. Seafood containing large quantities of the substance.
- Fiber. Ensure the normal work of the gastrointestinal tract, prevents constipation, which are a common cause of varicose veins. All plant foods contain high amounts of fiber.
- Water. Makes the blood less sticky, improves blood flow, reduces stress on the problematic veins.
With varicose veins, it is extremely important not just to follow a particular diet, and not to violate the recommended diet.
A list of basic rules is not too large, but is required to perform:
- Breakfast around the head. Just in the morning after waking up, the body must receive approximately 50% of the daily intake of proteins and carbohydrates. For this reason, a Cup of coffee with whipped up a sandwich not considered to be complete and healthy Breakfast. You should not be lazy and every day to cook a full Breakfast.
- Fractional and often. Typical 3 meals a day should be divided into 5-6 meals. This will allow not to overload the digestive system and reduce the load on the vessels.
- Don't eat before bedtime. After six in the evening in patients suffering from varicose veins, you should refuse from any food and snacks. The same rule will improve the appetite in the morning.
- Do not drink during meals. It is important to dilute the gastric juice, which provides high-quality digestion.
Those with a morning appetite, experts recommend to get up 30-40 minutes earlier.
Permitted and prohibited products
Proper diet for varicose veins involves eating foods from the so-called "allowed list" and the rejection of products from the "forbidden".
The main emphasis in the diet for patients should be on:
- Meat and fish. You must use chicken, veal, sea or river fish, steamed. In meals it is recommended to add a minimum of salt, and unlimited quantities of liquid.
- Algae. Their constituent minerals and other elements will help to strengthen blood vessels.
- Cereals. Oatmeal and buckwheat is the best choice. These cereals contain fiber, which provides normal operation of the digestive tract and nourishes the body with essential micro and macro.
- Dried apricots and prunes. Fruits rich in potassium and magnesium, have a restorative effect on the veins, thin the blood, serve as a kind of substitute for harmful sweets.
- Water. The main component of the diet for people suffering from varicose veins. It is important to drink at least two liters. It is preferable to drink plain non-carbonated water and herbal teas and freshly squeezed juices.
- Ginger and thyme. To improve the properties of blood.
- Seafood. The main sources of omega-3 fats. This substance prevents blood clots, supports the tone of blood vessels, ensures good health.
- Walnuts and beans. Contain a lot of vitamin E and provide a good elasticity of blood vessels.
- Fresh berries and fruit. The main source of vitamin C, which strengthens blood vessels.
- Sprouted wheat. Provides effective cleansing of the intestines, normalizes the stool, removes constipation, nourishes the blood vessels important vitamins.
Regardless of the kind and type of varicose veins, patients who have problems with blood vessels must stop or minimize the consumption of the following products:
- Alcoholic beverages. Delay fluid in the body provoking worsening of edema, increasing the load on the diseased vessels.
- Fried food, smoked food. Enhances the inflammatory process in veins, increases the blood viscosity.
- Flour, sweet. Thickens the blood and provides a quick boost of extra pounds.
- Salt. Enhances the swelling of the lower extremities.
- Strong tea and coffee. Stimulates increased blood viscosity leads to increased blood pressure, increasing the load on the veins.
- Sodas. Is strictly prohibited for any problems with the digestive tract, including varicose veins of the esophagus and stomach.
Today's the optimal diet for varicose veins is not difficult. The main thing is to focus in on "healthy food". We offer sample menu for patients with varicose veins for a week, which can be taken as a basis and complement their favorite dishes.
What to drink?
Once a person goes on a special diet and refuses to forbidden foods, in the body triggered mechanisms of self-purification. At this moment he needs support in the form of heavy drinking. Increasing the intake of water and other beverages, you will ensure the coordinated work of the excretory system, will make the process of cleansing the intestines and blood vessels more comfortable.
A priority during the diet with varicose veins has the quality of water consumed. To drink tap, even coctum, is not recommended. The maximum "clean up" the blood vessels and the intestine can only be cleansed by consuming special water or mineral water. It will contribute to the improvement of composition of blood, its liquefaction.
What to drink besides water?
- green and ginger teas;
- herbal teas;
- natural juices from vegetables and fruits. The most useful are cranberry, tomato, orange.
- In small quantities allowed weak black tea.
Menu for 7 days
- Breakfast – vegetable omelet, weak black tea and bread.
- Second Breakfast – fruit jelly.
- Lunch – fish soup, beef steak, porridge, stewed fruit.
- Dinner – cottage cheese casserole, a Cup of ginger tea.
- Breakfast – millet porridge with Apple, green tea.
- The second Breakfast – Apple or any other allowed fruit.
- Lunch – vegetable soup, steamed fish, salad vegetables in season.
- Dinner – buckwheat steam cutlet, berry smoothie.
- Breakfast – scrambled eggs with green peas, fruit or vegetable juice.
- Second Breakfast – kiwi, homemade low-fat yogurt.
- Lunch – soup with chicken, salad, oatmeal.
- Dinner – a baked Apple, a glass of kefir or fermented baked.
- Breakfast – porridge, tea with ginger.
- Second Breakfast – berry smoothie.
- Lunch – mashed potatoes, boiled fish, stewed fruit.
- Dinner, vegetables and beef, grilled mild green tea.
- Breakfast – whole wheat bread, a piece of cheese, cocoa.
- Second Breakfast – fresh juice.
- Lunch – vegetable stew with Turkey, salad, vegetables.
- Dinner – Cup of yogurt, kiwi.
- Breakfast – oatmeal water, ginger tea, bread.
- Lunch – salad with tomato and eggs.
- Lunch – soup of vegetables, boiled veal, grapefruit.
- Dinner – casserole of vegetables, bread, a piece of cheese.
- Breakfast – wheat porridge with boiled chicken, tea with ginger.
- Second Breakfast – yogurt.
- Lunch – soup with veal and vegetables, baked squash, Apple.
- Dinner – stuffed peppers, yogurt.
Don't forget about the snacks. A great option a light snack will be fruit salad, dairy products, nuts, fresh juices.
As you can see, diet for varicose veins are not too severe, but mandatory. In most cases, it can be called a typical healthy diet. Adhering to the basic principles of the diet, list of permitted and prohibited foods, the patient with varicose veins can not only avoid the complications of the disease, but to improve the condition of distressed vessels.